What’s the cost?
Weekday Pricing (Wednesday through Friday)
- $25 per person for up to 8 players
- $20 for each additional player after 8.
Weekend Pricing (Saturday and Sunday)
- $100 for up to 4 players
- $25 for each additional player (up to 8 players)
- $20 for each additional player after 8 players
Do we need reservations? How do I make a reservation?
Reservations are necessary for your group to have the room and time that you want! We will do our best to accommodate walk-ins, but there is no guarantee that we will have space for you.
Booking is done online only through the BOOK NOW page of our website, where you will:
- Choose which room you’d like to attempt to escape.
- Enter the number of participants. All rooms can be regularly booked for 8 people.
If you book a whole room (8 spots), you have the option of adding up to 4 more.
- Complete the payment information for checkout.
Note: The system will drop your booking if you have not made payment within 10 minutes of selection.
How many people can play at once?
If I don’t have 8 players, will I be playing the game with strangers?
All of our events are private events. You can book the room for however many players you have, and you will be the only ones in your room at that time.
What are your regular booking hours?
* These are our typical booking hours. Specific times are subject to change depending on season and room availability.*
During regular hours, you need to book a time to visit us based on availability. If you want to visit us outside of regular hours, please see our additional info on PRIVATE PARTIES.
PRIVATE GROUP BOOKINGS: During regular hours, private groups of 12 or less can book one room through the BOOK NOW page of our on-line reservation system. Click “8” under participants to see which rooms have the entire room available. After booking all 8 spots, you can use the option to add 1-4 extra spots. These extra participants after the first 8 are only $20 each!
I need more than one room during business hours!
Please refer to our PRIVATE EVENTS/TEAM BUILDING page.
How early should we arrive for our game?
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your start time but no more than 20! This is essential. You must arrive on time to participate. When you arrive you will receive a quick briefing on the game. Then the fun begins! You will be locked in the room and will have 60 minutes to get out.
What happens if I am late?
These are live-action events. You must arrive on time in order to participate. We cannot wait for latecomers. Leave ample time to allow for traffic and parking.
There are no refunds or exchanges for participants who arrive past their booking time. Allowances will be made only in special circumstances and at the discretion of Escape Room Lancaster.
Can I cancel or reschedule after I have booked?
RESCHEDULING: You can reschedule (change your date and time) up to 4 days in advance of your booking time. In order to reschedule, follow the “View/Change Booking” link on the bottom of the confirmation email you received when you first booked. You can also call us to reschedule your booking.
CANCELLING: Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to cancel your event, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
I want to host a Birthday/Anniversary/Bachelor party and want to do something special. How does that work?
We are happy to accommodate all sorts of events. For birthdays, we’ve hidden presents or cards in our games to be found. If you have any special requests for your event, please contact our office and we’ll do our best to help you with your surprise.
Are you handicap accessible?
We are ADA compliant. While some clues are hidden and involve crouching, there is no climbing. Most clues involve observing and making connections rather than physical maneuvering.
Can children participate?
Many children love to solve puzzles and clues. The rooms have puzzles that may be difficult for children. We do not restrict the age of children, but we do recommend that they are age 10 and above. When you complete the online booking you are also signing a waiver for your group and children under the age of 17. Anyone age 14-17 can participate alone with a WAIVER signed by parent or guardian. Anyone younger than 14 MUST BE accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Are we really locked inside the room?
What should we bring with us?
You only need to bring your wits and puzzle-solving ability. Wear anything you are comfortable in, but the most activity you will be engaging in may be squatting down or getting on your knees to look under or to get a closer look at something. If you wear reading glasses, it is advisable to bring them.
What happens if we don’t escape in time?
It is a challenging game and many players get close but do not get out in time. At the end of 60 minutes, the moderator will unlock the room. You can ask questions about anything you’ve seen throughout the game. We ask that you do not reveal the answers to others that have not participated.
1. The surest way to escape is by communicating openly with everyone else in the room. Share any clues that you uncover with the rest of your group, and work together to make connections as you play through the game.
2. Follow the rules. Our staff will review the rules of the game with you before you begin, which include:
- There is no need to lift or move heavy objects.
- Never use force to try to open locked items or remove décor.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices must remain off and cannot be used inside the room.
- There are no clues hidden in any electrical outlets.
- You do not need to climb on anything to get clues.
- Do not guess combinations! Combinations have meanings from the game that need to be figured out.
- Keep the secrets of our games a mystery! Please do not reveal clues or answers to others.